Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Tarot Blog Hop, Midsummer/Lammas 2018: "The Sun Harvest"


 Blog before me                                           Master List                                          Blog after me



Our awesome wrangler, Arwen Lynch Poe, has given us the opportunity in this Hop to look forward at the energies of Lugh, the Holly King, the waning Sun, and our own personal actions and reactions, and determine what we would like to harvest this cycle. For me, the energies of this festival are pervasive and personal, as we have been homeless and living in an extended-stay motel for almost a year. What I would like to harvest is a Home, a Hearth, a beginning of our new life together. So, taking the Sun, and using the card to decide how, when, why, and what will be the energies of this festival, and what will be my harvest, I came up with a plan....

I did this working on the Full Blood Moon, which is also the Holly Moon, sacred to the Holly King, the God of the harvest. I shuffled my whole deck, the Haindl Tarot with which I do my professional readings, and simply went through it, card by card, until I found the Sun card. And the reading was done by selecting the two cards which preceded the Sun in the shuffled deck, and the two which followed it. The preceding cards represented what more needs to be done to achieve the harvest, and the following cards represented what will be the actual energy brought forth. So--here we go:

Here is the Sun, the bringer of bounty, the source of the harvest to come. And in order to achieve it, here is the direction we must take:


Maintain ourselves in patience, be willing to "hurry up and wait" and use the time of waiting to contemplate exactly what we need and require and what might be extraneous. The process will take time, and we're not done yet.

Don't permit ourselves to be distracted by worry, impatience, or annoyance because things have not yet come to fruition. The Devil represents "the obstacle" and in traditional lore, was a servant of Jehovah making it clear whether His followers were willing to hold to the path regardless of obstacles  and distractions. So--don't let ourselves be "bedeviled". Take time, thought, and focus, and wait the cycle out.





A new discovery and journey of inner knowledge awaits us. This move will give us an entirely new perspective on our life together, and bring to the surface new awareness that has been awaiting our change of perspective. Rejoice in the journey, and examine and experience each note of the new tune that will lead us forward.




The race is on, and we are standing tall and steady on the new path, and there is nothing we cannot achieve as long as we keep moving forward. We are going to win!

Happy Sun Harvest, and can what you achieve be as wonderful as our future looks to become!


 Blog before me                                           Master List                                          Blog after me 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This was a great reading. I will need to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to your words on many levels, as my life was split between the city and countryside for several years and in many ways, I also felt homeless. About three weeks ago, I finally moved to the countryside and am waiting patiently for my house to feel like a home. All the best to you, love as you find your home <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice technique, Aisling! I think it would be worthwhile for me to work with this spread. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete