Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Tarot Blog Hop: Tarot, The Musical, 2018

PREVIOUS BLOG                                         MASTER LIST                                     NEXT BLOG


           Singing In The Aether: The Music Of The Tarot 

 Our amazing Wrangler, Jay Cassels, has suggested that this might be a time to celebrate, since it is the 50th Anniversary Blog Hop. And so, of course, music must create the harmony and symphony of all that the Tarot does, not only for the recipient of a reading, but most deeply and permanently, for the reader. And so, in harmony with this suggestion, words and music are floating through my mind, and I present to you the Song of Spirit, the anthem which celebrates in words and song the ways in which the Tarot can make one's mind open, one's heart glow, and one's spirit dance. And so--here we go, tune your mind and voice, and feel free to sing along:

(To the Tune of "Singing In The Rain")

I'm drawing cards today,
To guide me on my way,
What a glorious feeling--
My soul will sing and play!
I'm laughing at Fate,
The dark will have to wait,
My mind and spirit say
"Let this reading illustrate
All the ways you can aspire
To lift your spirit higher!
Your deck encompasses
Earth and Water, Air and Fire,
So what is there to do
But let your Soul look through
The ways that Elemental
Energy brings hope to you!"

Thank you, oh Tarot,
For the ways you help me know
All the choices, all the ways
I can just step up and GO!

And so, I need to see
What the future holds for me,
And for this, the cards which show
The path on which I go
Will need to number three,
For land and sky and sea.
Stand on land and gaze at sky,
As the Irish, from whom I
Draw my life and blood and soul
Knew that these three were the whole
Of life, so see and hear it,
Cards for Body, Mind, and Spirit!

And so--Body, what say thee? Come show me, come play me!
Ace of Stones--calling me, to be whole, to be free, to look for the rainbow and follow the black crow, and know that what happens is always what should, and whatever it is, I can turn it to good!

Now, Mind, home of thought, from you what am I taught?
Ace of Swords--Air is thought, something new I'll be taught, and the sword points the way, go and journey today through the clouds of your Mind, and see what you can find!

And Body, my Being, what now are you seeing?
Life is moving and changing, so keep on arranging the path and the places of rest. You won't stop till you win it, so while you are in it, make each step of the Journey--the BEST!!

My song of hope and love for the Tarot
Is written, sung, and now, friends, off I go!!!

© Aisling the Bard, 3/17/2018  All Rights Reserved

PREVIOUS BLOG                                         MASTER LIST                                     NEXT BLOG

4 comments:

  1. As if I didn't already have Singing in the Rain as an ear worm :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Haindl! :) Great song Aisling! -Katalin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes... great tune, but OMG listening to my own voice singing it? No!!

    ReplyDelete